The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is effective since May 25, 2018. GDPR applies beyond the borders of the EU; any organization that works with EU residents’ personal data in any manner, irrespective of location, has obligations to protect the data. DG Supply BV is aware of its GDPR compliance obligations and its role in providing support to users and customers to meet GDPR requirements.
DG Supply BV’s Commitment
DG Supply BV has and will continue to honor its users’ right to data privacy and protection. This means, among other things, that:
- we do not collect and process users’ personal information beyond what is required for the functioning of our products or services;
- we have implemented the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for international transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information processed from the EEA in accordance with European Union data protection law;
- we have implemented policies and procedures to support GDPR requirements with respect to users’ rights (i.e. right to portability, right to erasure, etc.)
- we have adopted safeguards with our third party service providers and partners;
- we provide visibility and transparency through our privacy notices which inform our users and customers about what data is collected and how it is used;
Our third party partners may also use other tracking technologies, such as clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons/web bugs), that help us better manage content on our Websites by informing us what content is effective. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users.
What Information Does DG Supply BV Collect?
DG Supply BV will collect personal information from our users for different purposes. The following lists the ways in which we collect personal information from our users and the type of information collected:
Information you provide voluntarily
All users can access the Website without being a registered user. However, you will not be able to access certain areas or services online if you are not a registered online user.
- Partner applications: To become a DG Supply BV partner (B2B or retail), a user must complete an online application. By virtue of our online application we collect personal information such as the user’s full name and e-mail address. The provision of this information is mandatory for users who want to become authorized partners. In addition to this mandatory information, we request information such as current employment, phone and fax. The provision of this information is optional.
- Staying in touch: DG Supply BV may send, e-mail and phone communications to interested parties in accordance with their communication preferences.
Information we collect automatically:
How Does DG Supply BV Use My Information?
DG Supply BV uses personal information for the following purposes:
- Purposes apparent to you: DG Supply BV uses the personal information it collects primarily for the purposes made apparent to you at the time the information is collected. The personal information provided in a authorized partner’s application is used to consider the eligibility of the candidates. In addition to the original purpose for which the personal information is collected, we may use the personal information to contact users to confirm information related to his/her order or to advise a user if an item is on back order.
- Communications: In addition, DG Supply BV also may use users’ contact details for the following purposes in accordance with the user’s communication preferences:
- for internal surveys to obtain feedback on our products, our Website, or on other aspects of our business that impact you as a DG Supply BV customer;
- to notify users of new products or services we think may be of interest to them;
- Testimonials: We display personal testimonials and endorsements of satisfied customers on our Website. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Does DG Supply BV Disclose My Personal Information?
DG Supply BV discloses personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service providers: From time to time, we may disclose your personal information to organizations that perform services for or on behalf of DG Supply BV. For example, to provide customer service, deliver products, ship items, for research, marketing, product ratings and reviews, data processing, and to measure the use of our Website. We will share with these companies only that personal information which they need to perform work on our behalf. Your personal information will be provided to these organizations only if they agree to use such information solely for the purpose of providing services to DG Supply BV, and under the instructions of DG Supply BV, and with respect to that information, to keep it secure and act in a manner consistent with the relevant principles articulated in this Policy.
- Compliance with law: We may disclose your data to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that if you ask us to delete your personal information we will endeavor to comply with your request in compliance with applicable law, but may need to retain and use some information where necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information (EEA visitors only)
If you are a visitor from the European Economic Area, our basis for collecting and using your personal information will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
We may collect information from you in the following ways: 1) with your consent; 2) in order to perform our contractual obligations with you; 3) where the processing of the information is within our legitimate business interests and such business interest is not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms; or 4) in order to perform our legal obligations or to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another.
If legally permissible, we will inform you that we are collecting your personal information and whether the collection of the information is mandatory or not, including the possible consequences if you do not provide the information requested (e.g., our inability to perform certain requests).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs, forums, and user reviews. You should be aware that any information you provide in these public forums may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from these areas, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Social Media Features and Widgets
What About Security of Data Transmission?
We use technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are intended to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, DG Supply BV cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or from our products or services.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different from the laws of your country.
Specifically, our Website servers are located in the Netherlands, but our group companies and third party service providers and partners may operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information we may process it in different countries.
However, we have taken legal safeguards, including implementing the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for transfers of personal information between our group companies, which require all group companies to protect personal information they process from the EEA in accordance with the European Union data protection law.
Further details about the Standard Contractual Clauses we have implemented or the safeguards we have adopted with our third party service providers and partners and further details will be provided upon request.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of the personal information collected about you. Please direct such requests to email@example.com.
All access, correction, update and deletion requests will be acknowledged and responded to within 30 days of receipt. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In addition, if you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you also have the following rights:
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information or the right to request the portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the circumstances where you have consented to the collection and processing of your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal. Additionally, if the information was collected for another reason (e.g., to perform a contractual obligation, for legitimate business interests that are not outweighed by your data protection interests or for another legally permissible purpose), the withdrawal of your consent will be effective when such purpose no longer exists.
You have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. (Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.)
Links To Other Websites
How Do I Contact DG Supply BV?
DG Supply BV, De Langeloop 12-1, 1742PB, Schagen, The Netherlands